To print on film through inkjet printers is a quite cheap way to make big size, good quality positive films for the screen printing, flexo and textile print industry .
Xerio RIP is one of the few RIPs on the market that can get high quality films from inkjet printers, granting own solutions for the problems of the inkjet printing. - The paper input imprecision and the imperfect geometry of the nozzles cause the so-called Banding (horizontal lines that can be seen on the print). The banding can be avoided thanks to a good microweaving technology and a careful control of the dot positioning. Xerio RIP is provided with own solutions to easily face such problems.
- The inkjet films must have a high density (DMAX). In comparison to the print on paper, much more ink is necessary to get the required density. Unfortunately, a lot of inkjet high dendity black ink increases the dot gain that inevitably distorts the halftone dot shape. Xerio RIP contains the special printing head driver technology to protect the neatness of the dots without losing the coverage density and at the same time they can be checked and adjusted at any printing.
- Grafco’s JETBLACK special inkjet Transparent positive films for ink jet printing ensure a density and a precision never achieved before. SCREEN PRINTING FILMS
– XERIO RIP Once the the halftones have been created by Xerio RIP, it is very important to have in the workflow a good reliability in the film output of the file. By reliability we mean:
- Perfect dimensional stability of the film that has to be used for the photoengraving of the screens. - Excellent density of the black in the film output
- High definition in the film output Such a film for the screen engravings can be obtained through imagesetters and photoplotters that were once used for the production of the films. However, due to the introduction in the market of the new CTP (computer to plate) offset technology, these machines are disappearing.
Beside managing the most common imagesetters and photoplotters, Xeriorip can also directly control Epson’s high definition inkjet plotters which are used and recommend for the production of films for the photoengraving of the screen printing screens.Epson’s plotters employ the original photo black ink (that has a good UV opacity), have a definition up to 2880x2880 dpi and perform very well in the high definition printing of the screen printing films, the T-shirts and the textile printing. GrafcoAST has also selected a transparent film which is very stable from a dimensional point of view and can grant excellent black inkjet density. During the test runs we made to ensure an excellent and constant quality we have been very careful at setting the right dimension of the inkjet drop that builds the dot of the halftone or of the graphic selected for the screen printing. Moreover, the employment of the original Epson ink doesn’t lose the Epson warranty on the plotter used for the screen printing film output. Another very useful possibility offered by XerioRIP is the output of the ripped file in a 1 bit TIFF file. In this way the halftone can be sent through the web and then printed on film from any graphic service by imagesetters or ink-jet plotters that are equipped with a RIP that accepts the 1 Bit TIFF files.
THE HIGH DEFINITION SCREEN ENGRAVING FOR SCREEN PRINTING
Grafco AST works closely to Grafco srl in Treviso. Grafco has been working for 35 years in the screen printing, T-shirt printing field and is a high performance inks provider as well. Grafco’s technicians expertise along with Grafco AST software engineers created a set of specific products to get through the screen printing excellent high definition half tone print, polychromy, CMYK, material reproduction, texture etc. At Grafco headquarters there are an equipped laboratory as well as rooms for training with the assistance of our experts at complete disposal of those Companies that would like to update and implement their own high definition screen printing
Xerio RIP is one of the few RIPs on the market that can get high quality films from inkjet printers, granting own solutions for the problems of the inkjet printing.
HIGH DENSITY DMAX 4.5
GrafcoAST has also selected a transparent film which is very stable from a dimensional point of view and can grant excellent black inkjet density.
High definition in the film output Such a film for the screen engravings can be obtained through imagesetters and photoplotters that were once used for the production of the films. However, due to the introduction in the market of the new CTP (computer to plate) offset technology, these machines are disappearing.